Monday 9 November 2009

In A Couple Weeks




In a couple weeks to come, each occupant of the third floor even numbered side of Beze will go somewhere away from campus to celebrate Thanksgiving. We're all looking forward to this break. Residents of our hall are from everywhere. From as far stretching distances as Sri Lanka that makes the travel to Houston seem minuscule, we cover a lot of the country. I myself am from Texas, only a couple hours south of San Antonio. Sri Lanka on the other hand, is the furthest point on earth from San Antonio. I can't even fathom being that apart from my friends and family. Beirut Lebanon, the hometown of my roommate is also an incredibly far distance from home. Although I am not sure of my roommate’s plans for this upcoming Thanksgiving, I know he misses his family, and the feeling he knows will only escalate the nearer holiday season is.

What we've all come to know is that college is rigorous work, and that we all need a break. Besides our measly fall break, that allowed us only a single Friday of classes off, this will be our first true break. Personally, my excitement can't be expressed enough. My motivation in completing most of my assignments has been this. It's time for a break, in only two weeks.




Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

No comments:

Post a Comment